Jon, a native Hoosier, lives in Indianapolis with his wife Katie and their two sons, Blaise and Ambrose.
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2010
Indiana University Bloomington, B.A., Political Science; Economics, 2004
Jon M. Zarich
Why Jon is a Lobbyist
It is a privilege to help clients engage before the Indiana General Assembly and other units of Indiana government. Indiana is a great state to live, work, and raise a family. It is the cooperation between government and private citizens that allows this state to prosper. Effective lobbying involves being an accurate, reliable source of information in a timely manner. The interaction of the business community and elected officials is a critical component to future success.”
Jon's Record of Success
Jon’s involvement in Indiana government goes back to his time as a Senate Republican intern while still in college. He would later become a legislative assistant with the House Republican Caucus serving members with their legislative duties and staffing the House Insurance Committee. Jon eventually moved to the Insurance Institute of Indiana, starting as a junior lobbyist and eventually serving that organization as Vice President and General Counsel before starting his own public affairs business.
Jon has served as a spokesperson for the insurance industry on issues of national and local importance and has been involved in promoting regulatory reform efforts that have allowed insurers to better compete and serve consumers in the 21st century. Jon has also advised the insurance industry on civil justice matters and amicus participation before the Indiana Supreme Court.
Recently, Jon has:
- Defended against the implementation of a state-run retirement program that would have directly competed with services already provided by the private marketplace.
- Helped to implement proper regulatory standards and consumer safeguards for consumer litigation financing.
- Drafted and successfully passed legislation to provide flexibility for the offer uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for both commercial and personal lines policies.
- Blocked legislative efforts to overturn Indiana court decisions allowing for the admission of medical write-off evidence for the purpose of determining reasonable medical damages in civil cases.
How Jon Makes Connections
- Vice Chairman, Pike Township GOP Club
- Volunteer, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Member, Government Affairs Society of Indiana
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Former Counsel and Lobbyist for the Insurance Institute of Indiana
- Former Legislative Staff for the Indiana House Republican Caucus
- Former Legislative Intern for the Indiana Senate Republican Caucus