“Having worked closely on policy issues with her for many years, I know Deb’s keen understanding of public policy and the inner workings of government have made her one of the most trusted advisors in the state.” – former Ohio Attorney General Betty Montgomery
- Senior Vice President
Why Deb Works in Government Relations
“With over 20 years of experience helping Ohioans with a wide array of public policy issues, as well as navigating government relations for a leading Ohio non-profit, I get great satisfaction from applying my knowledge of the policy process to help clients solve problems and best meet their business needs.”
How Deb Wins
Having served as policy director and chief of staff to a statewide officeholder, and as legislative aide in the Ohio Senate, Deb has extensive knowledge about the legislative and administrative processes in Ohio and in Washington, D.C. She spearheaded the development and passage of multiple pieces of groundbreaking legislation over her years of service, and as the leading voice for financial contributions for a large nonprofit, Deb helped secure millions of dollars in government agency support for capital improvements and operational programs.
Deb’s legislative work includes:
- Environmental Clean Up: Adoption of Ohio’s first “brownfields” redevelopment bill to encourage remediation and reinvestment of contaminated property, and encouraging voluntary environmental compliance through self-initiated environmental audits.
- Crime Victims Compensation: Streamlining and reducing expense of reimbursing certain victims of crime while reducing associated time and bureaucracy.
- Telemarketing Fraud: Drafting and successfully seeking passage of Ohio’s first telemarketing fraud penalties.
- DNA: Leading creation of Ohio’s first DNA Laboratory and Database.
- Medicaid Performance Audit: Granting first ever authority to conduct a performance audit on Ohio’s Medicaid system.
How Deb Makes Connections
Deb enjoys an ongoing friendship and working relationship with colleagues from her years in public service and the policy discussions that continue to arise from these relationships. She is an avid golfer and traveler, which are almost always linked together.
- Capital Area Republican Women
- Columbus Metropolitan Club, Program Committee
- Ohio Academy of Sciences Board
- M.P.A., University of Toledo
- B.A., Criminal Justice, University of Dayton