- Government Relations Specialist
Why Katelyn Works in Government Relations
Katelyn comes from a background of service and dedication. While studying Business Administration at the University of Kentucky, she passionately promoted campus involvement in local organizations, and she later became interested in government relations while working at the Kentucky Department for Local Government. Through these experiences, Katelyn recognizes that organizations depend on government relations and dedicates her career to helping give groups a voice and influence when it comes to policy decisions.
How Katelyn Wins
- Fluent in Spanish and selected to study public policy in Mexico as a Fulbright Scholar by the presidentially appointed J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
- Worked at the Kentucky Department for Local Government comparing state-by-state laws and interpreting compliance to those laws, thus experiencing first-hand the exacting effects legislation can have on business.
How Katelyn Makes Connections
- Spanish Ministry of Education, English teacher (2 years)
- Make-A-Wish foundation, volunteer
- B.A., Business Administration, University of Kentucky